Being a locally owned operation, McCoy Bus Service appreciates the value of our community. We get involved with many local activities and organizations, and especially try to give back to schools. We get to share in the joy of many class field trips and we like to help return that joy when possible.
We recognize the importance of supporting our community and are dedicated to giving back through charitable initiatives:
- Proud sponsor of the “Wing Nuts” at 1 Wing Headquarters Canadian Forces Base Kingston for the HEART & STROKE BIG BIKE
- F.A.C.E. – Firefighters Against Cancer’s Existence
- Colon Cancer Canada’s Push For Your Tush
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hospice Kingston
- University Hospitals Kingston Foundation: LifeCycle & Passport to Healthcare Tours
- Queens University: Carr Harris Cup, Pathways to Education, Jr. Gaels & Football
- St. Lawrence College Bus Pull
- Local events, such as: Kingston VegFest, Sheepdog Trials, & Thousand Islands Gran Fondo
- United Way KFLA
- The Next Cast Youth Fishing Program
We have made a five year commitment to supporting the Limestone Learning Foundation. The Foundation ensures funding for unique and creative learning opportunities. Donations cannot be used for regular school expenses like staffing, school renovation or maintenance, school supplies, or transportation. Instead, donations to the Limestone Learning Foundation are only used to provide students with exciting, enhanced learning opportunities through the allocation of approved grants to schools.
We really believe in investing in children – a good start in life can make all the difference, so in addition to schools we also support Minor Hockey teams by offering discounted charter rates. The cost of extracurricular activities can be astronomical, and every little bit counts, especially in an expensive sport like hockey. We’re working towards a successful season with approximately 25 local minor hockey teams this year.
For many years we provided daily shuttle service for the Kingston Hospitals – KGH and Hotel Dieu and for Queens University. Staff of the University and Hospitals were able to leave their cars at Richardson Stadium and take the free shuttle service to their destination, saving on parking fees and easing congestion in the downtown area.
We truly appreciate the recognition of our community – in the past, McCoy Bus Service has been awarded the Tourism Award by the Greater Kingston Chamber of Commerce, and Shawn Geary (Owner) has been named Businessman of the Year.