McCoy Bus Service & Tours Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada and Medieval Times Twitter Contest
1. This McCoy Bus Service & Tours Contest is sponsored by McCoy Bus Service & Tours. Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada, Medieval Times and Twitter have no involvement with the rules or regulations of this contest. The contest is open to those who have an active Twitter account and are capable of making it to one of the official pick-up locations to board the bus on the day of departure.
2. This Contest is open to individuals who have an active Twitter account. The following directions must be followed in order to qualify to win:
– The contestant must tag ONE friend that the contestant would take with them (if this friend does not have Twitter, their name can still be mentioned)
– The contestant must use the hashtag #WinMcCoy somewhere in their submitted response
– The contestant must tag McCoy Bus Service & Tours Twitter (@Go_McCoy) somewhere in the submitted response
– Contestants may only qualify if the their response is submitted after the contest start time (Monday, July 20 @ 12:00 pm).
– Persons who are residents in a country where it is lawful to enter the Contest can do so. It is up to the winner of the contest to find their own way one of the official pick-up locations on the day of the tour. You are responsible for ensuring that it is lawful for you to enter the Contest. If you are concerned about your ability to meet this requirement, then you should seek legal advice.
How to Enter
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
3a) Mention a friend (if they have Twitter, use their Twitter handle) that you would take to Wonderland and why. Use the hashtag #WinMcCoy and @Go_McCoy somewhere in your response to qualify. Winner will be chosen randomly once contest closes.
3 b) LIMIT OF ONE (1) ENTRY PER TWITTER ACCOUNT. FRIENDS WHO ARE MENTIONED BY A CONTEST ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER ONE (1) SUBMISSION AS WELL.
4. There is a total of one (1) prize package to be won during the contest period: Trip for two (includes transportation and admission) to Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada and Medieval Times in Toronto.
Date of tour is Wednesday, August 26, 2015. PRIZE MUST BE CLAIMED BY WINNER WITHIN 72 HOURS OF BEING ANNOUNCED AND USED FOR THIS DATE ONLY.
Selection of Winners
4.1 Closing date TBD. Any entries made after this date and time will NOT be valid. A random draw will be conducted by McCoy staff and a winner will be determined and contacted via Twitter.
5. In order to be declared a winner and be able to claim prize, the person whose name was drawn randomly will have to:
5.1 respond to the winner notification on Twitter from McCoy Bus Service & Tours within three (3) days following draw; and
5.2 provide their contact information and the contact information of the person they wish to bring along with them to Ripley’s Aquarium of Canada and Medieval Times. They must also be able to attend the date set as the date to go (Wednesday, August 26) – If they cannot make this date,the winner cannot go on a different date, a different tour or exchange the tour value for cash.
5.3 In the event that any one of the conditions mentioned herein is not respected, the selected participant’s entry will be void and a new draw will be conducted following the official contest rules until a winner is declared and the prize has been successfully claimed.
General Terms and Conditions
6. In the event that the contest winner is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian will be asked to sign the appropriate legal documents in order to claim the prize.
6.1 Prizes are not refundable or exchangeable for other products or any other form of rebate.
6.2 All information provided by entrants must be complete and accurate. McCoy Bus Service & Tours will not be held responsible for a late/incomplete/erroneously sent prize claim. Any and all incomplete, distorted, late and reproduced entry ballots will be annulled and will void eligibility for prize claim.
6.3 McCoy Bus Service & Tours reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest and to ban the individual from any future contest of McCoy Bus Service & Tours that it finds or believes to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or Contest Website; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
6.4 If it is discovered that attempts were made by a registered entrant (or any individual purporting to be a registered entrant) to: (i) enter more than once per registered entrant during the Contest period; (ii) use any automated, script, macro or robotic program(s) to enter; or (iii) engage in systematic entering from the same subscriber account (including but not limited to the creation of false accounts); then it may result in the disqualification, in the sole and absolute discretion of McCoy Bus Service & Tours, even if the entrant was declared a winner.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, McCoy Bus Service & Tours RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
Prize must be accepted as awarded. NO SUBSTITUTION OF PRIZES IS PERMITTED EXCEPT BY McCoy Bus Service & Tours IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. McCoy Bus Service & Tours RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE ANY PRIZE WITH ANOTHER PRIZE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE, IF A PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED AS DESCRIBED FOR ANY REASON. PRIZES ARE NON-TRANSFERABLE AND ARE NOT REDEEMABLE FOR CASH OR CREDIT, IN WHOLE OR IN PART.
Entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by all decisions of the McCoy Bus Service & Tours, which are final in all matters pertaining to the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable laws. By entering, participants release and hold harmless McCoy Bus Service & Tours, its affiliated and related companies and all of their respective directors, officers, shareholders, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Contest Entities”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any prize won. Winners will be required to sign and return, within the time period indicated on the documents, a Declaration of Compliance with Contest Rules and a full Liability and Publicity Release and/or any other document.
By entering, you consent to McCoy Bus Service & Tours use, should you become a winner, of your name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, and your testimony without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with the products, this Contest, or future similar contests. By entering, you declare that you have complied with the Official Contest Rules.
All entries become the property of McCoy Bus Service & Tours and will not be returned to entrants. If a selected entrant’s entry is an Internet entry, the selected entrant may be required to provide McCoy Bus Service & Tours with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
For the purpose of the Contest, the entrant is considered to be the person whose email address is entered in the contest. It is this person who will be asked to answer the mathematical skill-testing question. It is also the person to whom the prize will be awarded if all contest conditions are met. McCoy Bus Service & Tours reserves the right to request a piece of identification prior to prize remittance.
Limitations of Liability
7. Without limiting the release, and for greater certainty, the Contest Entities will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Contest Website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the contest website or any transmission in connection with the Contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to participants’ or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Contest, McCoy Bus Service & Tours reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Contest. f) This prize is an outdoor event. The tour will run rain or shine.
7.1 By participating or attempting to participate in the Contest, all individuals release the Contest Entities from any damage that could be incurred due to their participation or attempted participation in the contest.